12.05.2008

Appley Stuff

Um...like July of 2006, I'm thinking.

An Apple Haiku

Whitest flesh within
this skin waits for teeth to bite
chew me hard lover


Just a little tribute to the fact that I have recently finished the last apple that I will be eating for a long time to come.

Come to think of it, I actually have a poem about apples too...and it was a lot like this one. Hang on a sec and I'll look for it.

*imagine time passing because I am actually looking right now-ish*

Here it is:


I am consumed by you
whispered the apple
And yet I remain
With you now, forever
In your skin
Your blood
Your bones
Devoured completely
But somehow surviving
In the scent on your mouth
The juice on your tongue
And though there were others
Before me,
There are none to compare
To the depth,
The breadth of me
The supple taste
Within you I am all.


And there you have it. Nighty Night, Three Day Apple Fast. Good morning, great big plate of I don't care what as long as it's not apples.
Lovies!


P.S. I think you know I wrote that second one before this fast, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment