12.04.2008

Parenthetical Reasoning

After heating my tv dinner,
(One of those pocket deals with all the cheese inside
and broccoli too, because I tend to like that sort of thing.
It really lends the illusion that I'm actually doing something good for myself,
instead of making me realize how incredibly unhealthy it all is,
because honestly, how unhealthy can vegetables and cheese be, anyway,
especially when it's wrapped in a flaky crust that screams buttery goodness?

(I suppose it didn't really scream that, because, as good as those pocketythings are,
I certainly wouldn't eat one if it screamed at me
(especially if it had a creepy scream
(although I might grab that pocket thingy by the crust and slam it into the countertop
until it stopped making any sound at all, because I don't like the thought of food having voices, especially creepy ones)
but would instead throw it away or sell it.)))

I sat down to my solitary mealishness, and, in the biting of it,
I scorched my tongue on molten cheese alone.
This wouldn't happen if we were on vacation together.

1 comment:

  1. I (a person you dont' know but an admirer of parenthetical though) like (recognizing you dont' need (or maybe you do - I don't know) or want (..again...) my approval I nevertheless wish to express my joy) it!!!

    Ultimately I wonder if deep parentheical reason occurs most often in people who have conversations with others when the other is themself! Its true of me atleast!

    ReplyDelete